This is the Dress Code Page.
OFFICIAL REGALIA DRESS – COLOR CORPS
(From the Color Corps Drill Manual
October 4, 2008)
Sword, Scabbard Service Baldric Description
- Black Tuxedo
- Plain White Tuxedo Shirt -
pleated and with lay-down collar (no wing tip collars)
- Black Bow Tie
- Tuxedo Studs and Cuff Links
- Black Cummerbund (No Vests)
- Black Footwear
- Black Chapeau with a plume of the color of the office together with a Fourth Degree emblem on the right side
- Black cape with a lining of the color of the office together with a Fourth Degree emblem patch on the left shoulder. The Fourth Degree emblem is the ONLY adornment on the cape
- Lapel Pin (The only pin worn on the lapel is the official pin of the Fourth Degree
- White gloves
- Service Baldric, together with a sword, worn over the tuxedo jacket front from the right shoulder to the left hip.
The scabbard is carried on the left side
and attached to the service baldric.
The sword is only drawn from the
scabbard on command and then only
when participating in drills, ceremonies
or practices for such occasions.
The parts of the Knights of Columbus
sword are designated as follows:
- Blade – That portion of the sword from the forward edge of the guard up to and including the point.
- Blade Edge – The blade edge, not the flat part.
- Guard – The cross piece between the blade and the grip.
- Guard Flange – The decorative piece extending downward from the guard which covers the mouth of the scabbard.
- Grip – That part, plastic or wood, grasped by the hand.
- Grip Cap – the bust of Columbus attached to the end of the grip.
- Hilt - The grip and grip cap.
- Point – The extreme end opposite the hilt.